Ryan Holgerson First Wine Blog

 


    Ryan Holgerson 

    First Wine Blog 

   1/22/23


                 I am definitely not a first-hand wine drinker compared to other alcohols. I wanted to take this course just to get exposed to the language of wine because I was not that familiar with its expansive nature. I hope by taking the course I will be able to explain and understand the language much better than I did previously. I am also going to take this course with others and taste different wines along with dinner and cheeses. 

                I have tried different wines before this course despite all this. In the past, my family and I would share different red wines on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's but that is the most I would have with them. I enjoyed the sweet taste of them and each one definitely had its own distinctive taste to it. A couple times when I have been in Blacksburg I have had a couple cheap local brands, such as Pino Grigio white wine from Floyd, VA. I think I enjoyed the taste of the white wines better than the red wines because they had a much smoother and sweet taste than the others.  

            This is my experience with wines in general and I hope that I will be able to expand my knowledge within this field by taking this course. I am looking forward to doing the blogs and taste tests, especially with friends because wine is a very good social drink. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Blog (Pinetti Notte and Verdejo Frizzante) Week of 3/19/23

Ryan's First Wine Tasting (Juggernaugt)